Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
How to put images on your posts EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
How to put images on your posts EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
How to put images on your posts EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
How to put images on your posts EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
How to put images on your posts EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
How to put images on your posts EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
How to put images on your posts EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
How to put images on your posts EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
How to put images on your posts EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
How to put images on your posts EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
How to put images on your posts EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
How to put images on your posts EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
How to put images on your posts EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
How to put images on your posts EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
How to put images on your posts EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to put images on your posts

Go down

How to put images on your posts Empty How to put images on your posts

Post  Julie Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 am

There are 2 ways to put up images on your posts. You can either click the little photo icon above where you type your topic and a little pop up box will ask you where the image is stored (the URL) or you can "Attach a file" using the box directly underneath where you type your post.

The first option will allow the photo to appear in your post as a picture, but you must have saved the image on the WWW and the second option you jus tneed to have your photo stored on your PC.

I have a rat forum and to save me redoing the information I will show you how we help our forum users upload images to the forum - the principle is exactly the same.

The instructions may seem a bit too long and drawn out and thorough but I want to make it as clear and easy to follow as can be!

I will be doing more topics on how to re-size photos and use them for your avatar, I will do it in a separate thread

If anyone needs help with anything please let me know and I will find out how to do it and make a post for it!

----------------
Basic uploading of photos to Photobucket and how to post them on the forum

Step zero :giggle: , have a Photobucket account, simple to set up and it's free, and they do not send you spam e-mails!

OK so you have the account set up so now lets upload some photos!

Step one, click the big green Upload button:
How to put images on your posts Step1

You will be brought to the upload screen:
How to put images on your posts Step2

Now make sure that you select where the pictures will be coming from, for most people this will be the default of My computer:
How to put images on your posts Step2a

Then you will chose which album on Photobucket your images will be uploaded to, you can choose any you already have or make a new one! I am obviously uploading into my 'Rats' folder!:
How to put images on your posts Step2b

Now click the big green button to 'Select photos and videos', now find the folder the pictures are in and select those you wish to upload, holding down the Ctrl key and left clicking on each picture allows you to select multiple pictures, but if you want to select a big group of pictures that are all together, say the whole folder, simply left click the first photo and hold the shift key (The up arrow under caps lock) and click the last photo and every photo in between will have been selected! Once you are happy with your selection hit 'Open'!:
How to put images on your posts Step3

You will get this screen and you photos will begin uploading:
How to put images on your posts Step4

Now click the big blue 'Save and continue to my album' button and you will, you guessed it, be taken to the album!:
How to put images on your posts Step5

IF however you would like to post all of the pictures you just uploaded to the forum straight away, hit 'Select all' (Or simply select the ones you want by clicking the tick box in their upper right hand corner of each picture you want) and then 'Choose action', and in the drop down menu hit 'Generate link codes for selected', like so:
How to put images on your posts Step5a

You will be wanting the options under 'IMG for bulletin boards and forums' and you can either have thumbnails of the images that will link people to a bigger picture when they click the image, or simply have the images full blown:
How to put images on your posts Step5b

When you click on the option you want the box will flash yellow and say 'Copied' the links are now all copied to your clipboard and you can paste them into a post on the board with a simple 'Ctrl + v' command or simply right click and paste:
How to put images on your posts Step5c

Now for those of you that didn't want to have all of those images and went to the album you will be seeing that album like this:
How to put images on your posts Step6

So now you are in your album you want to post a picture to the forum, hover over the picture and you will see the 'IMG code':
How to put images on your posts Step7

Click in the IMG code box and it will flash and say 'Copied' this is now copied to your clipboard and is ready to be pasted into your forum post!:
How to put images on your posts Step7b

Now simply paste the IMG code into your post by right clicking the box that you are typing in on here and choosing "paste" (please bear in mind that the images of the website are from my rat forum and not this one, but the process is exactly the same:
How to put images on your posts Step7c

I highly suggest you preview the post before actually posting to make sure all link are working and such:
How to put images on your posts Step7d

------------------------

And you're done! ;-)

(many thanks to Dan from my rat forum for going to these lengths to help people who have not had to upload images before)
Julie
Julie

http://www.belyaevrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down