Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years)

+6
jaybay
AnnieP
Jeanette
kimmal
Nina
Administrator
10 posters

Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years)

Post  Administrator Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:48 am

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy110

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy210
Guy was a really sorry state when first arriving to us from the Pound. He cowered when approached and didn't know how to go for a walk or how to play ball. Although we do not know his background, it is clear that he has been severely malnourished and mistreated in the past.

However, after all that has happened to this poor boy, he is now definitely starting to enjoy life. He is getting the idea of regular walks and even learning how to play fetch! He is putting on weight and really showing us his true personality.

Guy seems to like the company of other dogs, however he has not yet been tested properly.

Administrator
Admin

http://www.forest-dog-rescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Sweetie

Post  Nina Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Guy is a sweet chap. It is is clear that he must have been ill treated in the past and absolutely heartbreaking seeing all his ribs sticking out. However, his spirit is very strong and he is making big leaps towards recovery with all the TLC he is getting from everyone who adores him. It is lovely watching him play with a KONG in a very 'Ooooh, I have just discovered what this is for! Isn't it great fun?' way.

Here are some more pictures of this boy posing for his 'mugshots', exploring and playing:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.181407081947605.48004.100002349431880&type=1&l=6411874d64
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Re: Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years)

Post  kimmal Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Guy is still very wary of strangers....and not surprising....he has been through alot.....his pics were taken after a couple of weeks of extra meals have been given both in the pound and here at FDR....his feet show signs of having stood in his own faeces and urine for a long time.....But...he is getting there:D he has put weight on...he is going out and about with different people.....still not the same as having your very own family to love...whoever has this little man could well be the first family he has ever had....Shocked
kimmal
kimmal

Back to top Go down

Post  kimmal Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:50 pm

This little man is looking for consistency, understanding of what he has been through and much love.....he has recently been diagnosed with a bout of lungworm....he is being treated and will be better soon ( just sounds like a yucky cough) The vet says its caused by eating snails, slugs......what this little man has been through might never be fully brought to light....but he hasnr had it good.....starved...hit....and resorted to eating slugs and snails as he was so hungry.....bad past...but the hope of a great future is beginning to shine in his very sad eyes....x😢 Smile
kimmal
kimmal

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty My kinda Guy

Post  Jeanette Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 am

This was my first meeting with Guy, he was very timid and needed to be encouraged to walk with me, a few treats later and he was confident enough to stop at the bench, he sat nicely and ever so gently raised his left paw when asked, so clever little man. Strange on picking his pooh though, he kinda looked at me, like I was taking something from him, and he couldn't understand why I would want it!!!No hint of any aggression and he seemed happy enough seeing other dogs, just a puzzled look from him when I then threw it in the bin, like he's saying "What is going on" On taking him back I was warned he may mouth a bit. I was lucky, there were treats on his bed and he didn't even notice I had taken his chain off, he stayed on his bed while I let myself out, then rushed to the kennell door for his final treats, whooping them up quickly. From his background he must think he's in heaven and FDR have certainly worked a miracle on him.

Jeanette

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Lovely Guy

Post  AnnieP Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 am

Walked Guy today, but he wasn't really bothered whether he went or not.More than happy to just sit and be fussed and enjoy a treat. Didn't seem bothered about other dogs, certainly didn't show any aggression. Hope somebody just takes him home and loves him.

AnnieP
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Update on Guy

Post  jaybay Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 am

Guy seems to be settling in well, he has had his last dose of advocate, and is booked into the vet on
Monday for his castration. He seems to like the company of other dogs and is a friendly little fella but does try to mate with every dog he meets regardless of their gender, which can be a bit embarrassing Embarassed
He has been clean in the house, with exception of 2 little accidents which were left in a neat pile by the backdoor lol! He is walking well on the lead and has stopped pulling, sits on command at the kerb and waits until I tell him to carry on. I tried him off the lead today which was a nightmare, he was off with the fairies. I called him repeatedly, whistled and he just looked at me and carried on even faster!! I must of looked like a mad woman Mad I eventually caught up with him as he was going onto a housing estate, every time I got near him he would go even faster to evade me, what a fiasco. After a rugby tackle I did catch the little devil, to the cheers of a crowd of school children who thought it was some sort of circus act. I am getting a retractable lead tomorrow and we will start recall training asap as I wont be letting him off again in a hurry I think I was being too optomistic!

Guy does seem to be very mistrusting of men, and is not too keen of the dark either. So when we get the combination of the two on our walks he can be quite nervous continually looking round and shrinking closer to me. He seems to be afraid of everything, bags blowing in the wind, cars, traffic cones, so I think walks and investigating things have never happened for this little man (oh, what fun were gonna have!).

I have got to ask the vet on Monday about spots that he has all over his back, and his fur seems really coarse and is coming out a lot, which im a bit worried about. He still tends to mouth me, but I ignore him and hes not doing it as much now. He is putting on weight, eating well, and enjoying his special doss spot infront of the fire, he toasts himself until he looks like a pink sausage lol! I am enjoying the forum btw, nice to read all the interesting and helpful tips and the progress of all the other doggies.
I will keep everyone informed of Guys progress, and try to put some piccies on soon, I think you folks are all special amazing people x x x

jaybay
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty So good to hear your news!

Post  Ria Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 am

Guy broke everyone's heart and it's brilliant to hear your update that he's doing so well.

Ah, the evasive, cloth eared dog whose speed increases whenever you get near! Yes, got one of those myself (pictured left). Little so and so! Life on a retractable lead for her I'm afraid. Make sure you get an 8 metre one (take a look at training aids in the Help and Support section). Mine often wears an accessory of a Sainsbury bag for life filled with bubble wrap attached to a trailing lead. Slows her down, but she has been known to bomb down the lane with it! No street cred though!

Keep the updates coming and lots of photos, please!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 am

Oh and to see little phoebe running about with a bag for life inflating as she goes is a sight to behold ...... dog
Julie
Julie

http://www.belyaevrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm

You mean like this ... Phoebe
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty When Guy came to stay...

Post  Ria Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy10

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy110

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy210

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Guy310
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Guy - Staffie X, Dog ( 1-2 Years) Empty Pics compared

Post  Angela Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 am

I met Guy when he came into rescue and I have seen him recently ...and yes, I thought "WOW, what a difference!" But I have to say that being able to compare the old and the new pictures now has amazed me even more. It really is a different guy! So glad for you dear boy xxx
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down