Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year)

+3
Ria
Diane3worcs
Administrator
7 posters

Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year)

Post  Administrator Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:56 am

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Dsc05610
Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Dsc05611

Roger is a little live wire!

Roger came to us as a stray, so we don't know any of his history. Roger is a friendly little boy who is a little stressed in kennels at the moment. He is very friendly, but could use some training on the lead.

Roger has not shown interest in other dogs whilst being out.

Administrator
Admin

http://www.forest-dog-rescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Re: Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year)

Post  Diane3worcs Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:18 am

A sweet little dog with lots of energy, he doesnt pull on the lead, loves to run around the playpen. A sweet little addition to any loving home.
Diane3worcs
Diane3worcs

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty The artful dodger...

Post  Ria Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:39 am

How cute is this boy?

Roger was extremely hyper when Kim handed him over to me. He puked up twice on the slip collar as he tried his best to strangle himself pulling so hard. So I nipped across to my car, unloaded Phoebe and the spare retractor lead, and clipped it onto his ordinary collar. The two dogs got acquainted, Roger mainly with Phoebe's girly bits affraid affraid affraid , but when it became too much, Phoebe took no prisoners as she put him in his place!! He's very recently been castrated, so I daresay his testosterone is still coursing round his veins, albeit not for much longer!

Giving Roger the additional 8 metres of lead, he soon got into a great little trot around the paddock and burnt off some energy and stress. At one point he and Phoebe were having a great game of chase in an ever decreasing circle around us, until we were dizzy constantly turning in a circle, and the two dogs came down to a short lead with Phil and myself tied in a knot.

We took the opportunity to introduce Roger to a lovely male lurcher through the fence of the playpen. They were both very well mannered. He also met Rocky really nicely, with a wagging tail. I feel he would get on well with most dogs, although he might try to mount them until his hormones ebb away.

We did three rounds of the two fields and all too soon it was time to take him back to his kennel. This is where he showed me how good he is jumping vertically to a height of about four feet.

Here's a couple of videos of him having a nice run around the field on the retractor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZndZYoKJ3s&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i9XrJTzBXk

Form an orderly queue. He's a little action packed treasure!!

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Dsc05613
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Needs a lot of love

Post  annie Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 am

When I took this little lad out of the kennel he just wanted to GO. He made himself sick (as mentioned above) and he was already on an extending lead. Then we got to the bottom seat I got him up half on my lap and gave him a good cuddle. His breathing and panting slowed down and he settled down. The rest of the walk was much less manic.

annie

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Some more pictures

Post  Nina Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:02 am

Roger is a sweet little dog. Full of life and energy and very loving. As mentioned above he made himself sick, mainly from choking himself on the choke chain. Despite this hiccup he walked well and I found him easily manageable. I really enjoyed our time together.
He paid no attention to other dogs and enjoyed some good time scratching his back on the grass.

Here are some pictures from our time together:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.255192804569032.62897.100002349431880&type=1&l=8f543478fa
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Re: Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year)

Post  Jackie Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 am

If he's making himself sick it might be that the choke chain/collar is too low down his neck. It should be nice and high under his ears where he's most sensitive and will feel correction. He sounds lovely though, and I'm not really a terrier kind of girl!
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty Rehomed

Post  Ria Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Roger has found his forever home!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Roger - Jack Russell Terrier, Dog (1 Year) Empty In his new home

Post  gordon&julie Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 am

He is settling down nicely, playing with his 9year old sister

gordon&julie
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down