Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)

+18
Nina
emily and lee
natalieandgeorgia
amyw
julieb
mrsfish
bilbobaggins
Nickib
Beckyalice
lucy_la_la
Boing
jesses mum
Janet
Julie
Ria
kimmal
rosietaylor
Administrator
22 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Good luck Baz

Post  Boing Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:16 pm

cheers Great video and Great news for Baz, he really deserves the chance to shine in his forever home. Good luck with the home check and I'm sure you will be very lucky to have Baz just as much as he will be to have found a lovely new family x

Good luck Bazzer and hopefully we will see you at the valley today. I love you

Boing

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty SOO HAPPY

Post  Janet Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 am

Wow what great news Baz & what a great start for 2012.Your forever home at last.Thanku Thanku to the family who saw what a great dog you are. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Met Ria, Phil,Pheobe & Baz in valley today to see Baz & give him a big hug & to say goodbye & good luck.Are sure your new forever family will have loads of fun with you.Hope they can get to Habberley valley once in a while to catch up with all your friends.Lots of love Baz enjoy your new life love Jan & john. I love you I love you I love you

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty 2012: the year of the Baz!!!

Post  Nina Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 am

Such great news!!! What a great end to 2011. Good luck to you Baz. Hope you and your new family are very happy together and that you will keep us posted on all the fun you will be having! xx

With his foster mum today: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207234302698216.53002.100002349431880&type=1&l=14c2959a28
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)

Post  karenelliott Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 am

We are all absolutely over the moon that Baz is coming to live with us tomorrow and feel very lucky to have found such a special dog. Thank you especially to the wonderful Ria, who has been so patient and helpful and has done a fantastic job with Baz. Also to Phil, Janet and all of the lovely people at FDR who have got Baz to where he is now. It is great to know that if we have any issues, there is a support network out there and plenty of good advice should we need it.

I also wanted to say how invaluable the posts on Baz's thread have been to us. Even before we met him, I felt that I had a good understanding of Baz's temperament and just knew that he'd be a great match for us as a family. We will continue to keep Baz's friends updated through this thread and also, as occasional volunteer dog-walkers, will try to add to the threads of the dogs that we walk to help future adopters.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year to you all cheers

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)

Post  jesses mum Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 am

I'm sure you are looking forward to tomorrow ...what a great start to 2012 for you & Baz .I saw him today & he was so chilled & happy as if he knew his forever home was just around the corner & yes we would love to hear news of your adventures

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Bye bye baby!

Post  Ria Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 am

Bags packed .... check

Food loaded in boot .... check

Flea treatment and worming treatment packed .... check

Vaccination certificate packed .... check

Demonstration on how to put a muzzle on in preparation for vet visits done .... check

Written instructions on likes and dislikes and behaviours given .... check

New collar and ID fitted .... check

Baz loaded into the car between the happiest boys on earth and ready for the off ......

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dsc05315

Bye bye Bazzy Boo Boo. You have a very special place in my heart, and I am now going to cry like a baby, but they are tears of happiness too. Be safe, be loved, and most of all, be good.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR

Post  Janet Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:10 am

What a lovely picture, 2 playmates for you Baz what lots of fun you are going yo have.Dont know if youle wear the boys out or they will wear you out.Hope you all have a HAPPY life. Very Happy 2012 is the start of a new life.Was happy to have had you in my life for a short time.Will hope to keep updated on your lovely happy FOREVER home.GOOD LUCK. I love you I love you I love you

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty bye bye Bazzy, bye bye

Post  Angela Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 am

Oooh, even tho I hardly know Baz I could cry by reading this and I am so so happy for him and also for Ria who gave soo soo much to get Baz ready for his forever home. You are a fantastic dog mummy Ria. Congratulations!

Baz, all the best for you,gorgous boy!

Happy new year to you and your forever family-Thank you for loving him!
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty 24 hours later: all is well

Post  karenelliott Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 am

Baz is obviously still a bit unsettled at the moment, and doesn't know where his big garden or Phoebe, Ria and Phil have gone: he eventually settled in the basket at my feet last night, but did seem to feel the need to check up on the boys in the next room from time to time. It was if he was wondering what had happened to him but deciding to get on with it anyway. He was great last night though, settled in his basket at the bottom of the stairs and didn't cry once.

This morning was even better, he just seems a bit more settled, for example when I sat down at the laptop, he then left my side and settled in his bed again, but not for long..........

Baz and I spent a couple of hours walking in the beautiful sunshine this morning and he was good as gold. He nicely said hello to a couple and their little boy that we met, who commented on how lovely and handsome he is. I explained that we'd only adopted him the day before and the lady was surprised and said that he seemed really settled.

I kept him on the 8m extender lead, for most of the walk and he seemed perfectly happy to stay close, although I did take his lead off when we discovered a stream - Baz tentatively went in to retrieve the sticks that I threw him and showered me with his beaming smile Very Happy

After lunch my Dad came round to meet Baz, I was a little bit anxious as I know he has had a problem with white-haired people that he didn't know, but I needn't have worried. Dad sat on the sofa and said hello and Baz just walked up to him and licked his hand.

We then all went to the playing fields for another walk, again keeping Baz on the extender lead for a few minutes before letting him off. He growled and snapped at a black lab that came up to him but did come when I called him away (wow, what amazing hackles Baz has, top to toe like a hedgehog!). Unfortunately, the lab didn't seem to be with an owner, so Baz and I went one way while Dad checked with the other people in the field, and then called the lab's owner to come and collect him - they hadn't even noticed that he'd gone Mad

Baz then had a funny 5 minutes grabbing and tugging at the lead, but I made it clear that I was not going to play that game and he soon calmed down.

Then back home for a drink and a chill, think we've earned it!

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty So pleased for Baz

Post  Boing Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:07 am

Hi Baz hope your behaving yourself,bet you have already got your paws under the table and getting lots of attention. I know your probably missing Phoebe but you will soon make some new buddies. It takes time but im sure once you get to know your new family and they get to know your cheeky personality you will be wondering how come it took so long to fianally find each other. It was lovely to see you looking so well at the valley on saturday,Harvey and Poppy really enjoyed the play and slept for most of the night only waking for the newyear fireworks. I hope we will be reading lots of updates and see new pictures of you in your forever home. Love you lots Bazza xxx Well done.
Boing
Boing

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty WELL DONE BAZZIE

Post  Janet Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am

Sounds like Baz is going to settle very quickly.But i think Bazs new mom is very commited & working well with him,am so proud of you Karen.I am so happy that Baz has been given the chance of a lovely family life.Keep up the good work MOM. Very Happy Be a good boy Baz.Love you loads. I love you

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Great News

Post  Ria Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 am

Hi Karen,

So pleased to hear Baz is settling well! Can I swap him for Tucker, please? I'd forgotten what it's like to have a live wire in the house who never wants to settle down and sleep:lol!: .

It's funny, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's something about Labs and Retrievers that ALL of my foster dogs haven't liked. I think it's their approach and the mixed messages they give out. The good thing about Baz's back is that you can read him like a book!! Hackles very raised and he's not a happy boy. However, he's a lover not a fighter, so he'll give a warning and move away. I've never known him to fight. Keep an eye on those hackles! It's so annoying though when other people let their dogs out of sight and have no control over them approaching other dogs. Baz is very voice controlled, so even when his interest in other dogs is high, you can still make him come back to heel (or at least I can!!).

The tuggy on the lead is rare, but a sharp "No!" and he lets go. He's testing you, Karen! lol! Cheeky lad! It's probably because he hasn't got a Phoebe to chase so needs his fun some other way.

Give him a kiss and a cuddle from me and tell him I'm missing him and secretly hoping you can't cope with him and I can adopt him! Tell him Phoebe says hello and she's worn out trying to keep the new whippersnapper in his place, but at least she's pleased to have the bed back to herself (if only she could get rid of the two humans)!
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty You can't have him back Ria........

Post  karenelliott Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 am

.............. but we'll check if you're up for a visit or a walk next time we come up for his food Smile

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty It's a deal!

Post  Ria Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:14 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty There's another dog in there somewhere!

Post  karenelliott Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 am

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dscf1710

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Mind your legs!

Post  karenelliott Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 am

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dscf1711

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Look, pointy ears!

Post  karenelliott Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:41 am

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dscf1712

Another trip to the playing fields today, lots of chasing sticks and met a bouncy Dalmation who I wasn't too keen on, but I was a good boy and came when called away.

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:26 am

Ha Ria - it's OK - I know where they live lol ...... I will dognap him.

Glad to see he has settled in well

Julie
Julie

http://www.belyaevrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Wonderful

Post  lucy_la_la Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 am

So pleased to see Baz settling in Smile

lucy_la_la
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty FUN FUN FUN

Post  Janet Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:58 am

Great pics Karen sounds like Baz is having loads of fun. Very Happy Very Happy

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty I think I've killed it now!

Post  karenelliott Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:25 am

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dscf1810

I couldn't resist one more photo Smile

Even though we'd just got back from walking to the top of Shurdington Hill and back, Baz's eye's lit up when I pulled this old basketball from the toybox.

He happily spent half an hour playing with it in the garden andwas happy to stay outside when I went inside, which is a first, as he usually comes back in with me.

I can't see the basketball lasting very long, but have ordered the Boomer ball which is (allegedly) indestructible.

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty A ball is the only thing that will keep him outside!

Post  Ria Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 am

He loves playing ball, and will happily carry on and on. Looking at the photo and your garden fencing, I fear that you will go crazy with the sound of the boomer ball against the fence! Failing that, you will certainly go mad at the sound that he makes when he can't pick it up! It seems to be the same with all the dogs. Some will bark in frustration at the ball, and some will make the strangest noises, like Baz. I'm sure the boys will keep him thoroughly entertained with it though, but make sure they kick it with the side of their foot. I have too many bruised toes from playing dribble with Baz! When he was too noisy down the garden, I would shout, "Baz, come here!" in a very firm voice, and it was so amusing to watch him torn between coming back and leaving the ball, or staying with it and ignoring the likelihood of cuddles. The recall always worked, although he would keep looking back longingly at the ball.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Baz

Post  Boing Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 am

Hi,just wondered how Baz is getting on? Hope he is settling in ok and not wearing you all out too much:lol!: Sleep Sleep Sleep
Boing
Boing

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty THINKING OF YOU BAZ

Post  Janet Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 am

Hi Baz hope youre being a good boy.Lots of love Jan. Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 2130594522

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Empty Baz

Post  karenelliott Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am

Here's a picture of the gorgeous boy having a well-deserved rest after his night-time walk. He has settled well so far and we are having lots of fun and long walks together.

Baz - Staffie Lab X, Dog (3-4 Years)  - Page 12 Dscf1811

karenelliott
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nina Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

So great to see him finally happy and settled in a forever home that even has a Baz coloured floor! Baz, you lucky boy! Thank you for keeping us all updated dancing dog
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next