Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)

+4
AnnieP
Ria
Nina
Administrator
8 posters

Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)

Post  Administrator Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Rocky10

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Rocky110

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Rocky210
Rocky is an absolute sweetheart! It's hard not to fall in love with him.

Rocky was found as a stray, therefore we do not know any of his history. However, since being with us Rocky has shown no aggression towards other dogs. He is very lovable and affectionate, and is eager to please.

Administrator
Admin

http://www.forest-dog-rescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Pictures of Rocky

Post  Nina Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:52 am

Rocky is a sweet little fellow. He walked well and was not really interested in other dogs around him. He looks very happy in the pictures but in reality he is very sad and unsure of his surroundings. He did not like me leaving his side and had a bit of a cry when I did. He needs human companionship as soon as possible as I can't see him prospering in a kennel environment. If you like his cheeky look please come and meet him, you will instantly fall in love with him. dog lick dog lick dog lick dog lick

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.242956365792676.60184.100002349431880&type=1&l=25713b950a
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty In foster

Post  Ria Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 am

Robbie is now in foster with Sarah! cheers cheers cheers

She will be updating his thread in due course.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Re: Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)

Post  AnnieP Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 am

Sarah, can't wait for your reports on Robbie, quite a change from the pups, but I know you'll be great with him.

AnnieP
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Our first day

Post  jesses mum Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 am

well I have to say I am very pleased with our first day...Helena & I introduced Robbie to the pack with a lovely long walk in the forest & then hot chocolate for us & sausages for the dogs..It was a great sucess....Robbie travelled really well home in the car, had an explore outside then decided he likes the comforts on offer...He has eaten all his tea ..been outside to do his business & then settled down to Eastenders & Corrie...he is a little clingy & has been to the bathroom with me!!! but he greeted Gerry with a lovely waggy tail & wide grin...He does not smell too sweet after rolling round the forest but we will leave a bath for another day...he will be sleeping DOWNSTAIRS tonight though...

It is very early days but all indications point to a wonderful old fashioned staffy, by that I mean friendly well mannnered & friends with all other dogs..the staffy of my childhood.I will give Robbie a few days to really settle,after which I'm sure we will have some more tales to tell:)

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  elka Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am

a few pictures of Robbie introducing himself to the rest of his foster pack..i think he'll get a long with them very nicely!!! Very Happy

elka

Back to top Go down

Post  elka Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 am

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150620729769915.395019.503904914&type=1&l=2253db0d2b

elka

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Apologies for no pictures but the camera is doing it's own thing & not what i want it too do !...A week on & Robbie is setteling in nicely...no more chewing of the back legs or his paws...he can now stay on his own in the kitchen for approx twenty mins without coming to see where we are this is a great step considering he sat & cried everytime I went to the bathroom ! not easy doing what you have to do with a Staffy trying to get on your lap affraid ...I really think Robbie is losing that sort of shut down look that he had, his tail now never seems to stop wagging especially when he sees Gerry ( he has a great affinity with men) he still has moments where setteling is difficult even if we are all around we have tended to ignore him & this seems to work & he is setteling more quickly each time.

Robbie is being introduced to a crate as judging by the state of the old carpet in the back of my car, he would not be safe to leave unattended in the house yet! he will now eat his tea in the crate with the door closed but not fastened & he uses it as his bed when we are eating or I am in the kitchen.. At night he sleeps in his basket initially in our bedroom but now on the landing & for the last two nights he has slept until its time for kisses at about 6 o'clock he did however go back this morning when told...Helena & rich are coming up on Sunday & will bring me an other crate which we will use upstairs at night time & close the door so that he knows we are here but cannot always get to us & hopefully we will then be able to do this during the day when we need to be out...I don't mind having a shadow but I know that dogs do get returned for this so would like to eliminate or give a solution for this problem Robbie has.

Robbie walks nicely on his harness, has this week been allowed the freedom of the good old washing line pull on our walks in the fields his recall is pretty non existent at the moment BUT today he started to look round to see if we were coming which I feel is a huge step forward & I'm sure in time when he really bonds he will be fine to let of lead in a safe environment...

Most of all this week I am really pleased that glimpses of a wonderful personality are starting to shine through & hope that soon we will have more tales to tell & that I can mend the camera lol!

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieP Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Delighted Robbie is doing so well, and can only improve with your endless patience , Sarah. Ben is still easily distracted and his recall and obedience is superb when we're alone, but not so good out. Even to sit to have his lead back on, will result in him standing in front of me gazing around and refusing to make eye contact. However, Blissgate training recommended I kept a small squeaky toy in my pocket and it works wonders. I have his immediate attention ( or my coat pocket does ! ) He races back, hearing it from quite a distance, and sits immediately he is told. I very occasionally allow him to play with it to keep him interested, then of course, have to bribe him to let go ! One of the many benefits of this forum is to share experiences and tips, which I'm always grateful for.

AnnieP
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:32 am

I expect you may be wondering whats happened to the boy ....Well he has had a bit of a problem with his old bones (much like me) but that is being sorted with some medication. he also has a really nasty abcess caused by his canine tooth which has been broken at sometime ...he has been to Seven Edge & behaved really well with all the prodding & poking & he is booked in for removal of the said tooth & any others they feel are suspect on Tuesday...It is quite a big operation so please all send your thoughts & love his way...I shall be a nervous wreck I know ...but as soon as I have him home & comfy I shall let you all know how he is doing....I have to say it has not affected his appetite he has put on two kilos since he has been here....just goes to show how badley Staffies fare in Kennels even with love & care....just wish some of the owners who throw away these wonderful dogs could be made to suffer the same fate.

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 am

He's a beaut and a real poster pup for the more mature boy with his silver hair!
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Well we survived the day & Robbie now has 5 less teeth!!....He was so well looked after by Ryan & his team it was my first dealings with Seven Edge Vets & they were fantastic....Robbie was not so impresses lol & when I fetched him he was pretty well out of it just about standing but well away with the faries...I could hear him from reception how do we all know our children's cries lol....& he continued for the whole 89 miles home right untill we turned into our road...ARRRGH...He was slightly wandery in the evening but soon settled down infront of the fire, ate a little mushy food & then proceeded to dribble & snore in my ear all night long.......This morning he looks as if he had done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! however every thing is functioning normally, he has had his breakfast, antibiotic & pain med & is curled up by the rayburn occasionally looking in the direction of the food bin (no change there then)......Ufortunately Ryan discovered a problem with the flow between the chambers of his heart whilst he was on the monitors, nothing shows while they use a stethascope & he seemed pleased that he does not become breathless when walking ( we do about 2/3 miles in the morning & another walk in the afternoon) & does not take any time to recover from this....However he would like to do an ECG in about 2 weeks time when he has recovered from surgery & is off all meds, let's keep our fingers crossed it is nothing too serious, in the meantime he has become a shadow again ( understandable with all that went on yesterday) it will be good to see how long it takes this time before he is comfortable to be left for a little while!...I am sure he will soon feel more comfortable without a sore mouth & a good lesson to learn not to let your dog chew stones etc as they felt this was a contribution to his problems.

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Chin up Robbie (and Sarah!)

Post  Ria Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Poor lad, what a day out! That's where I took Tucker for his scope and x-rays and they were brilliant. All the dealings I've had with Severn Edge (and I've taken quite a few foster dogs back and forth) have been outstanding.

Robbie will definitely be a bit insecure for a day or two, but I reckon he will pick up where he was before all of this happened. Keep up that TLC Sarah, and he'll lap it up. It's brilliant that he's with you getting the best possible care.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 am

Robbie has just been for his post op check up ...very kindly Ryan sent all the info to my own vet Helen she was well impressed with his handiwork & his mouth is looking good...very neat stiches which will dissolve with time & he is certainly a happier little chap today...had a really good walk this afternoon..not impressed with the cold weather I had forgotton how nash staffies are for such tough guys lol..he borrowed Katie's coat yesterday & loved that, I can see my friend Jackie (Dagwood designs) making him his own ,I felt he was a little embarressed in girly pink!

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 am

Robbie is doing well, his gums are healing very well & his appetite has returned, his heart has gone back into a better rhythm & hopefully will not be a problem in the near future, HOWEVER I have failed, this little guy has wormed his way into all our hearts & he will be staying with us as part of our family.

In my defence I did manage to foster two of the pups, charming as they were, they have both gone to fantastic homes, but this old boy is just a star , follows you every where, loves everyone & is basking in the adoration of his Harem.

I have asked Ria to put him into the forever home section now, as I have signed his papers today & we are now his proud owners.

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 am

Lucky Robbie!! Fallen on his feet then! I think you can just about be forgiven for failing as a fosterer! At least it's not a fail for Robbie!

Good luck with him Sarah, and I hope we can look forward to many updates on his progress.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 am

Sure can Ria & let's hope it will encourage those thinking about adoption to look at the older boy or girl, there's plenty of life in my boy & no house training lol

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  quirkydreamweaver Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:28 am

Aw, bless you - I'm sure if I was a fosterer I would soon end up with a house full of 20 dogs as I would fall in love with them all and not be able to let them go! Think my hubby might have something to say about that though! Enjoy Robbie, he's absolutely lovely:)

quirkydreamweaver
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:17 pm

We certainly are enjoying his company Sandy I would not say I was a Staffie person BUT how wrong of me, he is just such a character, stubborn, set in his ways, has flatulence & feels the cold so he has to sleep under the duvet!!! however Jess & the little ones love him he shows them respect & even when he runs with Jess & she tries to get ALL his head in her mouth, there has never been a cross word....he has one or two health issues which we will sort out but he is fun....Gerry has now said no more so I will have to curb my enthusiasm for the lame & the lonely...We still walk in the forest occasionally so hopefully we might cross paths again it would be great for you to meet the old boy .

Loving the new photos of Denzil he becomes more handsome each time & great to hear of his progress, just shows that if we work at things they do improve just takes time & patience & a stiff G & T lol

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Hey we are back & what a journey we are having 9 months on my boy Robbie is a delight he has had some serious problems the latest of which is something called SLO a true horror in which his auto immune system destroys his nails, deforming them & then leaving the quick of his claws exposed, it is extremely painful but he takes all the treatment with such good grace & his tail still wags.
My vet at Hay has been fantastic it is something she has never seen before & we have trolled the internet, taken all the advice & decided that steroids are to be avoided & a vitamins & Omega 3 & 6 are the way to go forward, apparently it is incurable but with good practices in keeping his nails dremmelled & his EFA's topped up it is manageable, as I write he has lost all the nails on his back paws & three have come off the front, it is difficult to photo them but I will try & upload some as it is really quite rare. We are however hoping that considering the state of the abscesses in his mouth, his teeth, & the level of kennel stress he had in March it could be related & with the treatment he is having now it may never come back...here's hoping, he is however enjoying all the TLC especially being carried over muddy bits by Dad, he now sits & waits at any bit he doesn't fancy walking over!!!! clever kids these staffies.
If anyone has knowledge of this I would be really love to hear their experiences

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Robbie - Staffie, Dog (5-6 Years)  Empty Support Group

Post  Ria Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Sarah,

So sad to hear of Robbie's suffering. There's nothing worse than having your dog in pain, when you just want to kiss it all away Sad

There is a support group for SLO with 2789 members.

www.bloodaxe.com/SLO.html

Good luck

Ria
Ria
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down