Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year)

+11
AnnieP
elka
Miel
Jackie
Janet
Angela
Ria
Julie
lucy_la_la
kimmal
Administrator
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year)

Post  Administrator Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Angie10

Angie is a typical bouncy puppy! She will need further training in her new home while she is still young.

Angie is full of life and fun. She seems to get on fine with other dogs.

Last edited by Forest Dog Rescue on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am; edited 3 times in total

Administrator
Admin

http://www.forest-dog-rescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Lolliflop

Post  kimmal Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:43 pm

My nickname for Angie as she can only be described as a lolloper...she loves everyone and everything.....she tries so hard to learn what you are trying to teach her...but her puppyness is always trying to race ahead incase she misses something...her head usually catches up five minutes later.....this girl is probably alot younger than she looks..she has long gangly legs which she hasnt quite got the hang of controlling ( Have you seen Bambi on the ice )...boundless energy....and love to give.....shes cheeky and absolutely adorable.....currently running with her kennel pal Missy....loves other dogs and wants to play with them all....would make a lovely dog for a get up and go family....She is not completely tireless....after chasing a ball for a while or being chased around by her handler..she will often flop out on the grass...having a bit of a breather for a few minutes then its off for round two : ) x would be nice to see her have access to a garden and be able to run off her energy gradually...kennels are great but they have their limits and this girl needs more than two 15 min burn outs a day....dont know why she keeps getting passed by...hope this changes for her whilst she is still young
kimmal
kimmal

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Re: Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year)

Post  lucy_la_la Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Sounds a lot like Daisy and looks a little like her as well. You have to work at young dogs like this but you really get so much back in love and fun.

lucy_la_la
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Hi

Post  kimmal Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 am

Hi lucy lala angie did have a sister who left the kennels to adoption....could this have been daisy?x
kimmal
kimmal

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Re: Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year)

Post  Julie Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 am

Oh what a little lolliflop she is too... we have not been out on the lead yet, I still have that to come in a little while.

I came to the kennels with Leo(n) and my own 2 dogs Nibs and Sam. Everyone got on great and my 2 larger dogs made sure Angie never got the upper paw. They ran in the mud, and jumped up with glee, and ran in the mud and so on. This was pretty much what I had dressed for, unlike my 16 year old daughter who loves the dogs but was about to go to see her boyfriend... luckily she is from a home full of pets and did not mind... she didn't even really complain when Angie puked up in the car on the way home. I think we need to do some car work with her - she was unsure as to what it was or if she wanted to be in there. That said, she was calm all the way home (which was a good 90 minutes after we had to to a quick detour).

This glorious bouncy girl has spent much of the afternoon sniffing her way round the house - she is intrigued by the rats and very keen to play with the quail... I don't think she has noticed the kitten yet!

Here are a few wet play shots I took in the garden earlier - it was raining - Angie likes the rain ... and the mud.... and the jumping! Laughing

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8293

Look at her beautiful markings - just stunning!

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8294

The other dogs all wanted to join the muddy fun

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8295

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8299

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8303

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8305

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8309

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8310

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8314

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8315

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8318

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8321
Julie
Julie

http://www.belyaevrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lucy_la_la Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 am

kimmal wrote:Hi lucy lala angie did have a sister who left the kennels to adoption....could this have been daisy?x

Hi Kim, it's Lucy Foskett, Daisy is one of Kas's pups Smile

lucy_la_la
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Ref Lolliflop

Post  kimmal Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:20 am

How absolutely amazing..last week she hadnt met a dog nose to nose and now a week later shes showing how much she loves not only other dogs but how she sooo needed a garden of her own....now she can have a regular flop out..Oh Lolliflop i miss you so much you are a sweet if floppy little girl....hope someone soon sees your potential to be a great and inquisitive but funny family dog.....not all growed up yet are you baby girl...glad you have the chance to do that in a normal home : ) x
kimmal
kimmal

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 am

So far today she has ripped up half a couch roll (you know, the things like giant toilet rolls that the doctors put on the couch ... or in my case the psychiatrist lol..... my son left it on the floor so what do you expect. I have a thing about long wooly hats for the winter - some are Black Yak hats which have really long "tails" that double up as a scarf. I hand them over the rail over the front door .... Angie brings them into the living room - it is funny having a youngster in the house - I can imagine she would be a real handful without the right stimulation - I think it would have been a shame for her to have stayed in kennels for the start of her life. Was she a hand in or a stray?
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty I think Crossbreed is more apt

Post  Ria Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Looking at these photos of Angie, I just don't see Boxer in her at all. I actually think Lurcher Staffie cross. We could probably start a long debate Smile , but probably beautiful crossbreed is the best description you're going to get of this girlie
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I agree - definately lurcher cross something - can't we just put "crossbreed" on the forum bits? It seems that we have to name all these dogs something when in years gone by "mongrel" or "heinz 57" was the label they received.... what with Labradoodles, sprollies and I dread to think what Jack Russells cross shitzu are called....
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Had the same thought last night after speaking to you yesterday Julie, so have changed her to 'crossbreed' on her page on the web. Forgot to do the 'meet the dogs' page where her link is but will do that tonight Smile Those pictures are amazing... So so happy for this little girl and I know you will work wonders with her Smile

Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Thank you - I love the animation in her ears .... one minute she looks like a lurcher, then a GSD, then a beagle (on the ears alone of course) lol.

We had one wee accident in the kitchen this morning, but when I asked who did it no one put their paws up ... but I think I know Very Happy

She has just had a boisterous 5 minutes winding all the dogs up to play and is now flat out working up the energy for her walk. I am just waiting on the courier to collect a parcel... I hope he is not all day! Still, and 80 foot garden helps
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Her ears have a mind of their own!

Post  Ria Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 am

How her ears make me laugh Laughing Laughing To the left, to the right, straight up, one up one down! Hilarious!

You can also see how much she has actually grown up since she came in to the rescue - she looks really puppyish in her first photos.

Thank goodness she can now get some much needed rehabilitation to make her a better prospect for a forever home. That's why good fosterers are so precious to the rescue. This girl will now get some stability and, more importantly, some rules laid down that will give her the discipline that she craves.
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 am

And boy does she crave discipline! Luckily she is smart and loves food rewards - we went out for some lead work earlier - to start with it was like taking a kangaroo out on a lead .... but she is just about getting there - she is very easily distracted - obviously a blonde brindle lol
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Video of taking Angie for a walk on the lead

Post  Julie Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:05 am

Just a quick link to a youtube video showing the progress (hopefully) of Angie on the lead

https://youtu.be/NYTUIUKU-x0
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 am

I took Angie out with the other dogs today - she has to stay on a lead as she has no recall yet - she will come out as I found out when she slipped her lead, but she is fast - just as you go to grab her collar she sprints just out of reach.

Here are a few pics I took of her - firstly .... look at her tongue, surely that is as long as it gets ...

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8425

Ah, no, it seems it does get longer,

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8426

And it rolls up too:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8429

Angie with the boys:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8445

What a good girl!

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8446

Angie is a really fast learner. I was told that she was not house trained when I picked her up from kennels and they were right - we have a few days of accidents, but over the last 3 days we have not had any accidents at all. I am expecting the odd one from time to time, but she has picked up the idea fast. Again when she came here she had no idea how to wait for her dinner and in less that a week this is what happens at tea time:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8450

She is going to make a super pet and I think she would love it if some one was willing to take her to flyball or something similar - she is such a bright button
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 am

A few pics from today's morning walk - and just to prove that you can actually tire her out!

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8452

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8456

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8458

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8477

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8478

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8495

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8501

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8504

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8507

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8508
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Photos taken from the dog walking paddock (with extra water feature!) today:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8567

CHARGE .......

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8570

Angie with one paw on the ground - normally she is totally in the air when she runs:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8578

Hmm... did somebody drop the ball in this 'ere muddly puddle?

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8579

"Keep looking Guys, I am sure it will turn up soon enough"

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8580

Angie's famous 2 legged pose:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8587

And again:

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8588

"SPLONSH!"

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG8590
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Angie has been here for the best part of a fortnight now and she is such a wonderful dog. She came here like a kangaroo and bounced up and down (well it is hard to do one without the other I guess) at everything and everyone. She kissed the top of my 6 foot tall son's head with one tigger-type bounce. I did think the name "Tigger" suited her really well, what with the stripes and the bouncy nature ... but now she is a different dog.

Angie will keep her feet on the floor for you but her new home will need to continue this training. I am sure if she was equally encouraged to jump up with excitement that she would slip back into her old bouncy ways. She absolutely loves to play with the 3 other dogs in the house. She likes to encourage play by gently teething another dog, never in a nasty or painful way, just her way of saying "come on.. play". Luckily the 3 older dogs in the house seem to have a rota between themselves so they all play with her one by one but then when they have had enough another dog takes over. Angie can be distracted and will stop - the best way to do this is to walk her.

Walking on the lead: She is not a natural lead walker and sometimes her back feet will walk slightly faster than the front feet which seems to confuse the head a little (hers and mine!) but she is now using a gencon head harness (like a halti but it doesn't twist their head to one side - it seems much kinder on the whole body) and she is walking really well on it. There is not a lot of weight behind her, so even if she did pull it is not like hanging onto a 30 kg labrador who has just smelt water! She will do most things for her treats, so again an easy way to continue with her training.

Toilet training: is going really well - unless it is raining. She is a dog that doesn't want to go out when it rains, but has not yet mastered the art of holding it in. We are working on it - including me standing in the middle of the garden in the rain yesterday - I have to say that I would not have been too keen on going on the grass in the rain either!

Cats and small furries: Angie has not bothered with my rats - she will have a quick look as she passes the lower cages but no real interest at all. It is the same with the cat - she likes to spend time with the young cat/kitten here, but she is not nasty nor seems to chase the cat at all. My cats are dog savvy and I am sure this makes a difference but the kitten is still learning and still seems to love to pat Angie round the nose with her paws (claws in!)

Manners: Some good, some bad. Angie has learned quickly that she has to wait for the command to eat when her bowl is placed on the floor which is great because she is also understanding the "wait" command when it comes to leaving the house after me and staying put in the car when I open the boot. However, I never leave anything to chance and Angie is always latched in to the car because if she runs off she will play a game of chase with you and she has absolutely no road sense whatsoever. She just dances and prances a little too far for you to reach her. She is an expert at darting off just as your one finger touches her collar. We are working on this with a treat reward system and she is learning every day, however she is a bit of a "Flibbertigibbet" and keeping her concentration when a leaf blows past, a cyclist comes into view or any other movement is hard at the moment ... BUT is improving every day - she is only a pup at heart and has spent months of her puppyhood in kennels - so none of this behaviour is surprising really.
Barging past you when you are stood still is another one we are working on and for this reason I don't think Angie would be suited to a home with very young children unless they are used to another similar breed/dog. She is so full of herself that she has little regard for other people. Tips like "don't raise your hands in the air" if she is coming towards you work well. My friend's 7 year old son was told to turn his back and fold his arms across his chest and this worked really well.

Eating: Yes... she does - nothing more I can say here as she will eat anything and everything especially if you are not looking! We have learned that if we don't want her to eat our food then we don't leave it around - her reach is quite something!

That is all I can think of - I hope she finds a forever home soon because she is an absolutely stunning dog with a massive heart and is great fun to be around.
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 am

We went for a long walk today (about 7 miles) and Angie loved it - she was on-lead all the time and didn't mind a bit. She never pulled once and was a real sweetheart.

We went into one field while on the public foothpath that had horses in it. I was wary as I had 3 of the 4 dogs, none of whom had been near a horse before. I assumed the horses would not come to close ... WRONG! they followed us all and were very interested in the dogs. None of the dogs were bothered, least of all Angie (although she did have a healthy respect for them)

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9039

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9040

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9041

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9043

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9045

And this is how beautifully 3 evenly sized dogs can walk together - it was pure bliss.

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9062
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Goodbye Angie

Post  Julie Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:36 am

Angie, thank you for showing me how much fun I could have with a younger dog ... good luck in your new home with the ever luscious Leo

Kim says her farewells to the lucky duo

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9692

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9693

New Dad

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9694

New Mum

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9697

New car

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9698

And off we go!

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) CIMG9699
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 pm

From Leo and Angie's new owners - you can clearly see how stressed these 2 dogs are at moving to a new home .....

Well, I don't think so lol

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Leoandangienewhome
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty Sadly Available for Rehoming

Post  Administrator Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:56 am

Abi is available for rehoming. Sadly, her adopters were unable to cope with her strength and the likelihood that she might chase livestock.

A full assessment of her time with her adopters is available on request if you are interested in adopting her.

Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty so sad

Post  Angela Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 am

Oh that is so sad for Abi. What a wonderful dog she is. I hope thanks to those brilliant pictures she will not have to stay in the kenels for very long after all. Poor little soul.
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Indie - Crossbreed, Bitch ( 1 Year) Empty WHY OH WHY

Post  Janet Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:08 am

So sad that Angie & Leo hav been returned to kennels.So sad that one minute they are enjoying a wonderful home life & freedom only to be returned back to kennel life.Surely when you are going to adopt a dog you consider size,strenth the nature of the dog to suit your life style.It is such a shame that a few months down the road people decide "THIS IS NOT THE DOG FOR ME" I feel so sorry for these dogs because they suffer the most & they dont deserve it.I have had two rescue dogs & when i hit a hurdle i worked on it because i loved them & would never give up on them,i had them both for 15yrs. Sad Sad

Janet
Fosterer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next