Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years)

+6
Ria
ang & jerry
Jeanette
Angela
kimmal
Administrator
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty ...in her element...

Post  Angela Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-27

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-29

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Hello10

Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Sweet

Post  Nina Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 am

Had some seriously good time with Ruby today in the morning. When I came to fetch her from her kennel she was very excited and was playing up with her lead. However, she calmed down significantly once I found her black collar and we set off for the walk.

She tried several times to mess about with the lead at the start of the walk at the bottom field but after having a few words with her she stopped that altogether and didn't try it again for the rest of the walk. She walked well and whenever she started getting a bit too fast one word was enough to make her heel. Lala's hard work is definitely paying off and Ruby is clearly a good pupil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

After the walk we went to have a bit of fuss and a cuddle in her kennel. She was extremely happy to have me there, even though I think she was a bit surprised that I smelled different than 'usual' lol! lol! lol! as she kept on sniffing me thoroughly!!! dog lick dog lick dog lick dog lick dog lick

After about 15 minutes of her curled up on my lap or glued to my side it was time to walk some more dogs. Ruby was not happy and made me stay extra five minutes.

After I walked the other doggies I went to sit with Ruby again and spent the rest of my time at the kennels with her. She was very sweet. I had my arm around her and she was glued to my body resting her head on my leg, whilst I was fussing her. I left behind a happier dog and whilst I was not Lala I think that Ruby's morning was a bit brighter than it would have been otherwise. sunny sunny sunny
Nina
Nina

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Tucker and Ruby

Post  Angela Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 am

Something interesting happened today:

Ria and Phil came down to FDR today ans so Ruby met Phoebe and Tucker.

Whist she felt provoked with the female dog's presence (Phoebe) she was abolutely cool with Tucker.

In fact, they were so relaxed that we decided to let them run together in the play pen. And really, they were SUPER good. Happily they ran amongst each others,- freely.

Unfortunately there were toys lying around in the pen and after a while the dogs (and ourselves) discovered them. Of course now, Ruby and Tucker found something that they both wanted and it was obovious what would happen next. .... Eventually we managed to seperate them. That was a bit of a shock but no reall harm was done.

So, the good news is that Ruby does get on with some dogs, as long as there is nothing to be jealous about. Also, it looks more and more as if she prefers male dogs company.

Even tho it still looks as if she still will need to be the only dog in the house, it is still worth trying to find out how she does get on with a dog in a potential new family.

That was an exciting day! sunny
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Why?

Post  Angela Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:16 am

Why oh why is Ruby still in the kennels after this long long time? Sometimes I feel so hopeless as there are hardly ANY viewings for her... in fact I only heard about 2 viewings during all the time since she has been there and I only found out about it coincidentally.

I don't want her to become institutionalised. She is such a fun dog, -such a tumbler...she always makes me laugh and often surprises with her cleverness. I can guarantee everybody: If you take Ruby you will always have a laugh and loads of fun with her. She is responsive to persisant training, affectionate and bonds greatfully with a consistent friend. I need a new mum or a new dad or a whole family for her- I can not see her so often anymore as I am back in work now. I feel horrible because she soo soo needs somebody by her side. She craves affection and attention and who could blame her?

Tonight I will ask the universe for help and I hope that now the time is right.
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years)

Post  Angela Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Could_10

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Gnnnn10
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years)

Post  Angela Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Knurps10
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Hgrr10
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Frosty but ears up

Post  Angela Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-30
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty 25th Feb 2012

Post  Angela Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:24 am

After a whole week I could see Ruby this morning and I suppose I was more desperate than her. Took her out for her morning business (3 "big" times and all before breakfast at 7 am) and then she had a play with her toy in the play pen.
Later on we sat down in her cell as usuall and after she had excitetly chewed her toy a while she calmed down and relaxed on my lap. She likes the phisical contact and mostly wants to lay over my legs or ideally my belly but I am not to keen to have a lay down lol! .
She thoroughly licked my face Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 4253416793 and hands repeatedly and pushed her nose uner my arm to rest it there. Eventually she fell asleep like this and so did I, almost.
With a heavy hear I then had to go to work and said goodbye to my little girl. Oh I hope a new mum or dad will turn up on the horizon soon to take you home.
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Ruby's second walk in the forest

Post  Angela Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:45 am

On Sunday Steve and myself took Ruby to the Far forest and she loved it. It has to be said again: she is a dream in the car. She realy likes it and just sits and looks out of the window.

In the forest she showed no sign what so ever of playing with the lead- same as on our first trip to the forest.

We did a bit of lead training but I also let her have her way sometimes as I just wanted her to enjoy herself.

Passing dogs were not even looked at by her- everything else was far more interesting.

Here a few pictures. Sorry it a bit blurred, partly.

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0810

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0811

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0812

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0710

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0813

On teh way back in the car, Ruby greatfully placed herself next to me, her forelegs over my legs and nodded of with her head resting on my arm. So sweet!
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 am

How lovely to see the REAL Ruby out & about enjoying herself, the stresses of kennel life left behind for a few "normal" hours of enjoyment with someone she loves...well done La la I know that the love & passion you have given this girl is going to attract the right family for this sweetheart soon & they will give her the loving home she so deserves

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Pictures-Ruby in her bed and stuff from today

Post  Angela Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 am

In her kennel last week:

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-31

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-32

Today, -only chunky wood available:

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-33

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-34
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty ruby going to run the BHF

Post  elka Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 am

Ruby and i have been out for a couple of runs together to see how fit this little pooch is and so we began a little run of 2.5miles round the fields at FDR which was easy peesey for her but not so easy for me- as i think she thought i could sprint round and keep up with her Laughing after slowing right down and adjusting her to heal she started to get the hang of things and i think she actually enjoyed it..i knew then that the BHFwouldn't be a problem for her but to make sure i decided to take her into the forest and test her out there..wow she listened and started to tune in to how i was running after a mile or so.. and it was a lot more enjoyable for both of us..we managed to run about 4 miles and if Ruby wasnt tired i sure was! Smile a few more runs im sure she'll be a perfect partner for anyone who enjoys being out and about and enjoys the out doors!!

elka

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Marathon BHF Ruby and Helena

Post  Angela Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 am

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Ruby_a10

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 A_pati10Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Waitin10

Ruby between hundreds of people and absolutely fine! Fantastic!
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Ruby does BHF!

Post  elka Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am

well i was super impressed with Ruby today..she managed the crowds without batting an eye lid..it must of been very over whelming to be dressed in a t shirt advertising your in need of a home with random folk coming up to see you and giving you attention-but the truth is she absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!! Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 73120010
The race began with us at the back that soon changed as Ruby didn't wanna finish last Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 4288281172 so with her sprinting and me in toe the runners started to part and allow us through-as all they could hear was a very heavy breather and it wasn't me lol Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 2820146798 ..once she settled into the run she became focused and didnt notice other dogs she just wanted to run..a few said 'your lucky to have her pull you up the hill'..not likely- thats when she decided to slow down...it was quite comical to watch i think she was conserving her energy for the finish line where Lala, Rich and Sarah were waiting to praise her effects and reward her with cuddles and drink!! she was absolutely shattered and lay down like a seal to have a drink and recover..she was an absolute star Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 459784477 i don't understand how she gets over looked Sad https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150618795749915.394699.503904914&type=3&l=73c8f5fd36

elka

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Ruby Manual

Post  Angela Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Ruby Manual

• Do not wear big dangly earrings !!!

• Be calm, inside and outside and keep her calm.

• Allow sufficient time to walk her or she stays excited.

• Give clear and simple signals.

• Ruby is very excitable in the kennel environment. When she gets excited
    she will tug the lead to release her excitement.

You
    must then immediately (within 2 seconds from her attempt !)
    take the lead on the very end, get close to her face, look her in
    the eyes and say “no” in a firm but calm manner.
    If this fails, grab her collar and say no.

• Calm her down. She might try it again- so keep repeating the procedure
    until you got her in a calmer environment- I.e out on the
    field-ideally away from any distractions. She then will calm down.
    Do not get too close to other dogs. She does get on with some but
    not all of them.

• She also starts tugging on the the lead when you stop in the middle of
    the walk for too long. She then seems to say “lets go- lets
    go- lets go, I need to exercise more”.

• Her favourite colour is yellow. Yellow rubber toys with bobbles/spikes
    are always a winner. Throw them in the play pen and she will chase
    them.

• She loves to chew things, - its just what she does being a Staffie.

• Do not encourage her in the tugging game and when she gets you round to
    it make sure you win! This is about who is the boss.

• She likes bananas and carrots

• She likes to be stroked firmly, - she can feel it better that way.

• Ruby does not like to be dried with a towel. It scares her, so its
    good to do it as quick as possible when necessary.

• Same with her blue coat. She is scared when you try to approach
    her with it. It takes a while but it usually works to trick her: Do
    the neck bit first and so that she can not see it - do it while you
    are stroking her neck or massaging her behind the ears. She then
    will run off and next time she is close you can hold her and fix the
    coat under the belly quickly. Done. Once it's on she's fine.

• Please be aware the blue coat belongs to Ruby and make sure it stays with
    her. If she does not need please fix it on the handle that opens the
    gate to the outside kennel.

Thank you

• Have loads of fun, you two

Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Ruby Red

Post  Jeanette Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:29 am

Ruby is a strong little lady, she has to have a certain lead so she doesn't bite it, that said, she is fun fun fun! Loves to give big big sloppy staffie kisses. The tugger was shaken not stirred and she sits beautifully for treats with a paw to die for, its up there before you can ask. Ruby is easy to put back on her lead bowing her head offering to help. We took it steady as it was quite hot this afternoon but still did a couple of laps of the grounds and both playpens, bit of interest in the paddling pool but only to try and drink it dry!! When you come up to FDR ask for Ruby she can show you around, have a few treats in your pocket and watch her do all she can to please you.

Jeanette

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty 1st April 2012

Post  Angela Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:32 am

After over two weeks I finally went to meet Ruby today. She was excited to see me and I had anothe one of those comical moments with her. I know it is not so funny when reading it anymore but I am going to tell you anyway:lol: :

I entered her kennel and just stood there for a while telling her to sit down and otherwise "ignoring" her in order to calm her down. When she jumped up on me I turned my back on her. She then must have been sitting down -behind- me for a while as she suddenly came out with a big loud WUFF!!!!!! ala "OI, I AM sitting down now so are you gonna look at me now or what?!" This really made me laugh.

Steve and myself walked her in the sunshine which was very enjoyable for all of us I guess. Ruby happily chased some yellow balls and the red kong in the playpen. Later on she sat down with us outside the office. I will sleep well tonight becus I know she had a long enough good time today. If only I could help more....

Here some pictures:...and please ignore the silly grinn on my face, thank you.

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0814

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0815

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0818

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Imag0819
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty Ruby's new best friend.

Post  Angela Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 am

Our little munchkin Ruby has found a big fan in David and he wants to adopt her ASAP!

He saw her and instantly fell in love with her.

He has a house, a big and fenced garden, no pets, no children!

He ticks all the boxes and after I have accompannied him and Ruby over 3 days now I am convinced that he is the right candidate to give Ruby the home she desperately needs and deserves.

David is confident with Ruby and loves her just the way she is, with all her cheekyness, stubborness and her big ears, haha.

He is consequent with her and is eager for her to walk to heel at al times.

David had a rescue dog for 13 years, which he loved to bits and feels now ready to move on to a new mate in the house. So, he is well experienced with dogs, also.

Please everybody cross your fingers that FDR will allow a homecheck soon.

Here some pictures of the new pair:

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-36

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-37

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Photo-38
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Ruby - Staffie, Bitch (2 Years) - Page 3 Empty RUBY HAS A NEWD DADDY and a NEW HOME

Post  Angela Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I am the happiest woman in Stourport on sorroundings as David has just been told by Mary Braim and Marie Roberts that he has passed the homecheck and can collect Ruby on 13th May 2012. He will then have a week off work and have plenty of time to bond with Rubs.

Congratulations Ruby, my beautiful girl. You will now be HIS girl and I wish you so so much luck and love as a dog can wish for.

I will always be your friend and you will always be in my heart.
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3