Rescue Dog Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog rescue blog
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am by chels335

» writing a book about rescue dogs
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am by pmbohio

» Mary Lou
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am by Iloveotis

» Sponsored Walk on Sunday 23 June in aid of Tucker's TTA Surgery
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm by Ria

» Mary Lou
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm by Iloveotis

» Looks like my fostering days are over
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 am by Ria

» Denzil
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am by Jackie

» Nico - Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dog (3 Years)
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:45 am by Jackie

» Walk on 26 May 2013 -Riverside walk from Blackstone, Bewdley to Arley and back
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm by elka

» British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk will now take place on 28 April 2013
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am by Nina

» WALK CANCELLED
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am by Angela

» Walk on 24 March 2013 British Camp from Hollybush - circular walk
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am by Angela

» Wyre Forest - camping with the dogs
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am by Angela

» The Royal Forrester, Callow Hill, Bewdley
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am by Angela

» Food Aggression
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm by Jackie

» Walk on Sunday 27 January 2013
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am by siandavis82

» Walk on Sunday 24 February 2013 - Yarpole Circular Route
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am by Ria

» Denzel - Working Cocker Spaniel, Dog (5 Years)
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by jesses mum

» Teeth
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am by AnnieP

» mug house Bewdley
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am by Ria

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years)

+5
Jeanette
jesses mum
kimmal
Nina
Administrator
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty blaze you make us proud!

Post  elka Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:03 am

Another fabulous day out with Blaze, this boy is truely amazing i can't believe how far he has come on and grown into a fab young dog. The forest is the perfect place for Blaze to chill with his new found friends wolfie,bonzi and Jessie. his greeting to his new friends is so much better its more of a "hey guys remember me" come on lets go! and off we go..whilst the lurchers and jessies noses are in the air- blaze is oblivious to what they are sniffing and has his nose in something a lot more interesting like horse manure-the boys got to get his nutrients from somewhere Surprised.he has decided that a little paddle in the brook is more his cup of tea rather than swimming in it like jessie and thats fine, as long as he has his humans Blaze is truely a happy boy and when blaze is happy so are we..all we need to do is find him his forever home surely theres someone that enjoys forest walks and would enjoy the company of our special boy to full fill their days with so much love!

elka

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty pic of blaze with mum sarah and his doggie friends!

Post  elka Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:03 am

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150404360899915.364915.503904914&type=1&l=99a36fd0ea

elka

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Just the two of us

Post  jesses mum Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 pm

A windy walk this week just me & my boy ...oh how he loved it...was so good in the car thought he might worry wuthout Jess but no not a sound just waited patiently (good for Blaze) for his long lead then off to go.

First time without our guide Helena & the usual pack of pooches but we managed to find our way round....met 3 horses & carriages, he was interested but not overly so....had play time in the trees but nearly got hit by a flying branch so thought we had better head to the sausage shack.

On the way we walked with a mountain biker who chatted to Blaze who was calm & chilled & then such dissapointment the hatch was closed...I wish i had had a camera his face was a picture he even jumped up to make sure,

We were allowed in to the visitor centre where they made a lovely fuss of us until the boy tried to jump on a table!!! perhaps we could now start on phase two & not allow him to hoover the picnic tables at the kennels!!! Two sausages later a lady said "That's a staffie x lab isn't it" This is Penny the same type ...She was lovely Blaze thought so as well & it was great to see that his approach to other dogs is now so much more controlled, we must have chatted for a good 10 mins & they really loved Blaze full of compliments about him & could not understand his lack of visitors (which neither can I )

Unfortunately they were not looking for another dog..but it is lovely to see peoples reaction to this hansome & loving boy when he is out & about...so come on people let's find this super boy the home he so richly deserves.

If you would like to meet the boy himself we shall be doing the Sponsored Walk for Forest Dog Rescue on the 27th December, 11'oclock at the visitor centre...so come along & walk off your Christmas Lunch !

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years)

Post  jesses mum Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:16 am

Well this is my last post on Blazes forum cos THE BOY HAS GONE HOME to a wonderful family who he is going to love very much....I am sure by now he will have forgotten all about FDR as he has a New Mum & Dad but even better two great children to play with ...Thank you for giving Blaze this chance of happiness & all the best to you all in 2012 .xx

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years)

Post  Tan Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:52 am

Blaze has now arrived in his new home he was very excited on way back & when he 1st came into his new home- he now has settled a bit and is watching tv with us - he has explored the house & local area this afternoon - he has also had a lie down in his new crate - we would like to say a big thankyou to everyone @ Far Forest especially Sarah & Helena - will keep you updated on his progress xx Very Happy

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 am

Hi all I've now been reduced to tears for the second time today Crying or Very sad ..never thought this day would come, thank you so much for loving this boy as much as Helena & I do...watching TV who would have thought after a year he would be doing that ...Glad he's exercised you this afternoon & just thank you ,thank you for giving him the best Christmas & New Year present ever

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi Tan,

Speaking with Sarah this morning, and no doubt about how thrilled both she and Helena are that Blaze has found a wonderful forever home.

Sarah thought the attached leaflet would help with information about how to settle Blaze into his new surroundings.

Good Luck with Blaze and looking forward to reading your updates.
Attachments
Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Attachment
Rescue Dog Advice for Dog Owners.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(198 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Ria
Ria
Fosterer

http://www.cyclone-technology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:01 am

They certainly do & Shannon & Aeron are now his bestest pals...he even met the chickens today without having one for lunch !!

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tan Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:30 am

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty jesses mum Today at 10:01 pm

They certainly do & Shannon & Aeron are now his bestest pals...he even met the chickens today without having one for lunch !!

He was very interested in playing with the chickens but we kept him on his lead just incase - he didnt seem to bothered about the horses - but we will take it slowly with him until he is accustomed to the others

Blaze has been fantastic so far thankyou for info - we left hin on his own for a liitle bit today - he was very excited to see us when we got back - but I have to pop into work on Wednesday so I wanted to introduce him to spending a bit of time on his own -Blaze is very excitable when new people come to visit but everything is new to him - so far we have not had any accidents - he goes to wait @ back door & sleeps happily in his crate
Wink

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:39 am

What a boy!! glad you can leave him ok & yes it's all new.. he is a bit OTT when greeting you but at least you know he luv's you lol... can't believe he is so good after 12 months in a kennel.

We can't take any credit for the toilet training...that boy is one smart cookie...worked out pretty quickly he is on to a winner with you...

Sorry you have to work! hope Wednesday goes well.

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Blaze in his new home

Post  Tan Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 am

Blaze is doing great Very Happy

He seems to be very settled in his new home & is getting on well with everyone

He goes for plently of walks & gets loads of cuddles from all of us

He is still on a lead down the yard as I dont trust him yet with the chickens but it is early days - we will get there - he helped me to fill some haynets up yesterday !!

On a night hes either watching the tele with us or having a well deserved nap in his cage - with the door left open

I was my 1st day back @ work yesterday , I think we were all missed especailly the kids as they are now back & school we also took him to football training on the night but nobody liked that especailly Blaze as it tipped it down !!

Blaze is very well mannered in the house, for the 1st couple of days we put him in cage whilst we had our meals - now he is allowed out & he just sits patiently & waits for us to eat . He still likes to jump up when someone comes back or in a morning , but we say a firm OFF & he is getting there (apart from when he very excited)

We have taken loads of photos I have posted a couple on facebook & will put some more on over the weekend .

I

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Blaze

Post  Jeanette Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 am

This is so lovely to read, really happy for you all

Jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:50 am

That is such great news ..who would have thought Blaze waiting quietly with food about!!
Glad he's being such a help down the yard...& yes he is no water lover....got into deep water with Jess one day & was not impressed.

I am sure he is having a wonderful time with you all...everyone is so glad as they all secretly loved him lol

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty happy happy happy

Post  elka Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 am

reading about how blaze is getting on and how much he is loved makes Sarah and I very happy happy happy..i really believe all this waiting for the right family has paid off and he's come up trumps with you guys and you with him..love reading your updates makes me smile and know he's living the life of riley!x Very Happy

elka

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Blaze update

Post  Tan Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 am

sunny Blaze is still getting along great

Now that things have gone back to normal (back @ work & school) Blaze has settled well into our routine - he is always excited to see us after we have been out but is quite happy to chill out in his bed whilst we are out -he seems to be attached to Shannon- when she goes to bed he goes to bed.

It is getting easier to put his harness on now (not much wrestling going on) he has to sit down & wait by the front door whilst we put it on - he is a very good boy whilst out walking, took him over the local woods the other day & he had a great time

Blaze has a liking for footballs - he loves playing with them especially after he has bitten a hole in them & then he runs around with them even more.

Apologies for not posting anymore pictures on facebook - got loads just not had too much spare time - will get round to it soon xx

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 am

Smile So glad he is settling so well....don't know what it is with footballs they always like them better when they have flattened them ...sounds like the harness is a lot easier you'll be out in 5 mins soon lol

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  elka Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:39 am

thanks for updates...they are lovely to read and puts smiles on our faces and reminds us why they were our favorites..we miss him but are very happy that he is in such a loving forever family..cant wait to see him as your dog! Smile x

elka

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Blazes week

Post  Tan Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:26 am

Blaze is still doing well & it's like he has been with us for ages!!!!!

It was Shans birthday the weekend & I wasn't sure as to how Blaze would react to a house full of girls on a sleepover but he took it all in his stride - he was excited @ first but he was told to leave the girls alone & they were in a sperate room & Blaze didn't bother them at all .

He was allowed upstairs on Saturday as Shan wanted him to sleep on her bed , I think the poor lad was a bit confused as we have always said no to him when he tried to go upstairs & now we were asking him to go up (not very good for dog training- Sorry) Blaze stopped upstairs for about an hour much to Shans disgust - however he did pop back up for a couple of minutes & jump on her head whilst she was asleep & then came back dowmstairs to sleep in his crate Laughing

We have let him off the lead a 2 or 3 times now , twice @ the yard the one time he tried to play with a grumpy shetland who then chased him & he won't go near her now - I think it's good that he is wary of the horses as I don't want him too get too close just incase .

We have also let him of his lead over the park , made sure that there was no -one about 1st & he was great came back when called & didn't go too far without looking back & checking we were still about x

He is a great boy who loves a cuddle & he is there waiting for you with a happy face if you have been out - I still can't beleive that he was in the Kennels for so long without anyone wanting him he is very special xx

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 am

Hi Tan just reckon he was waiting for you lot to come along, always new he was clever!!!...I'm so glad he is behaving himself...you are making so much progress with him & I can tell by the things he does that he loves being part of your family ...really looking forward to half- term...by the way I'm sure he would become only too used to sleeping in Shan's room with a little practice...see you soon & thanks for the update & a big x for the boy.

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  elka Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 pm

whoop whoop blazey boy has definately come up trumps with you guys..reading yr last post did make me giggle- what a character you have got, i could picture him pouncing bounce on yr daughters head and being chased by shetland hehe..what a boy lol..looking forward to our meet up..thanks for your posts! cheers x

elka

Back to top Go down

Post  Tan Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:04 am

Apologies for not posting anything for a while - life is just so busy !!!!

Blaze is still doing great think I've probably already said it's like he has been with us for years.

We can now get him to sit whilst he is having his harnes on Very Happy

He has a fantastic time @ the yard & seems to be getting on ok with the chickens - although we do keep a close eye on him when they are about.

Our neighbours @ the yard have 2 labradors & they are having fun getting to know each other & they all love racing each other up & down the fence its no wonder he is shattered when he gets home -infact @ the moment he is flat out infront of the fire.

Blaze still goes in his crate for a couple of hours whilst I go to work & he goes to bed in there on a night - with the door left open

He still enjos his pigs ears as a special treat & the odd sausage on a weekendBlaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 73120010

He has also chewed a one of my rugs - we have had it for a while & it had a loose thread (if that makes sense) & it now has several more loose threads - I wanted a new rug anyway - any excuse will do.

Blaze is also looking forward to seeing a couple of people over half term - no we haven't forgot - I just need to try & organise what we are all doing then I will send both of you a message - please prepare to be jumped on !!!

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  elka Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 am

Thats a brilliant update on Blaze..i do miss him greatly and love to here of his antics and that he's still got spirit; i can't wait to meet up and get blazed lol Very Happy Smile

elka

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 am

Hi Tan so glad that you can write such fab things about Blaze I love that you have all been so positive in your approach to re homing such an exuberant chap...it's a real tonic to read your reports & what's a loose thread between friends lol! ...cant wait till half-term would be great to see you all if you have time...well impressed with the sitting for his harness, must be all the fun he has when he's out ..give him a hug from me & thanks again for your updates ..means a lot x
joy jump

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:57 am

Had a fantastic reunion with Blaze & his family yesterday...It was a real tonic to see him again & oh what a handsome CHILLED young man he is...I think he recognised Helena & myself & he certainly was as usual a joy to be around as his new mum says "It's difficult to put any thing on the forum as he is just so perfect & seem's to have been with us forever" you can't get a better testament than that in my opinion so thank you Byrne Family & yes a photo or two would be great as the years go by.. Blaze remembered the way to the sausage hatch but for me the highlight was when it was time to go he said his goodbyes turned & walked off with his family & no back wood glance...I know I did & I'm sure Helena had a lump in her throat it was like the end of a perfect movie moment

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 Empty Blaze update

Post  Tan Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 am

It was good to meet up with Sarah & Helena - I know that Blaze recognised both of you & we all had a good catch up

Had to share this - Blaze was a bit quiet yesteday - not sure if he was shattered from his long walk the day before Wink but anyway, I went out on the night expecting to come back & be jumped on by Blaze when I got back in - only to find the house very quiet . went looking for Blaze not in his bed - upstairs on Shannons bed both of them fas t asleep , infact I'm pretty sure hes up there now - looks like hes now made it upstairs xx Blaze - Staffie Labrador Cross, Dog (2 Years) - Page 2 919379873

Tan
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  jesses mum Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Oh Bless he must have been listening to our conversation. not only handsome but brains as well..What a good choice you made lol

jesses mum
Adopter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2